The Malaysia Food that I miss the most

21:56 Jia Ying 0 Comments

How time flies!! I had been away from Malaysia about 5 months ago. 
Definetly I miss my home so much!!!
I miss the hot weather in Malaysia , I miss the food in Malaysia 
and of course, I miss my dearest friends and family in Malaysia. 
This post gonna tell you how much I miss the food that can find in Malaysia only. 
and I as a food lover, I miss them so much. ( and now I really learn how to cook all these food, so that I will not miss it so much when I'm living abroad..haha :) )
Here I simply list out 9 foods that I miss... 


==========================================================

1. Tau Fu Hua ( Soya Bean Pudding) 
It's a famous Chinese dessert that made by yellow beans.
I still remember my mum always bought this from night market nearby my house every Tuesday. 
I love it so much ~~~ 
The perfect Tau Fu Hua should be taste not so sweet, and it's texture is soft.  




2. Bat Ku Teh 
It a Chinese soup with a very unique strong taste. It usually consists of meaty pork ribs simmered in a complex broth of herbs and spices (including star anisecinnamonclovesdang guifennel seeds and garlic) and it's cook for hours to have good taste.
Seriously, I tried very hard to find these dish in Chinatown Paris, but unfortunately, I can't find any. 



3. Wonton Noodle
 It is a very famous Cantonese noodle dish, usually served with leafy vegetables,meat and wonton dumpling. 
Although I can easily find frozen wonton dumpling in supermarket at Paris, I really miss dumpling that made by my mum, with rich meat ingredients wrapped in thin skin.    
Oh~~ I miss it so much~~~ 



4. Chicken Rice
There are many types of Chicken rice in Malaysia, what I miss the most is the Chinese Hainanese style chicken rice. 
I miss the soft texture of chicken, and the fragrance rice.
I don't know why but I can't find a good chicken rice in Paris. 
I miss Malacca chicken rice ball. ( You must try if you come to Malaysia!)  



5. Nasi Lemak 
Ok, I admit the food I mentioned above is mainly Chinese food, which sometime still can find similar( but really different,weird taste) in Chinatown. 
But , this food for sure, you can't even find in Chinatown. 
Because, It is really a typical Malaysian Food.
It is a fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk and "pandan" leaf, usually eat with chicken, cucumber slices, small fried anchovies (ikan bilis), roasted peanuts, hard boiled egg, and hot spicy chili sauce (sambal)
I hope one day in future there is a Malaysia town in Europe....Haha~~~



6. Pan Mee
It a very famous dish in Kuala Lumpur/Selangor area, 
I addicted to it when I came to KL for study in past 3 years.
There are many ways to serve Pan Mee, but I like the dry chili Pan Mee. 
The dough is made from flour (sometimes egg is added for more flavor).
usually eat with minced pork, vegetable, mushroom etc.... 



7. Laksa
In Europe, it's really hard to find a food that is spicy and hot. Even the chili sauce selling here is mostly sweet, not spicy. 
Laksa is a popular spicy noodle soup from the Peranakan culture, which is a merger of Chinese and Malay elements.
There are many variations of Laksa. Personally I like Curry Laksa.



8. Lou Shu Feng (Silver needle noodle) 
There are many variation of name to this dish when I was searched in Wikipedia. 
It is a chinese noodle with white semi-transparent colour. There are many way to cook it, and I like the Claypot Lou Shu Feng the most. 
It can easily find in Chinese Hawker stall in Malaysia. 



9. Egg Tart
It consists of an outer pastry crust that is filled with egg custard and baked.
It's a very famous Asian pastry.
I really miss the egg tart that made by my mum, which the taste is rich of egg fragrance smell and crispy crust.  
I always search for a good egg tart, even when I'm in Malaysia. 
It's very hard to find a good egg tart with reasonable price. 
Choose a homemade egg tart would be better choice. 



=========================================================

That all for Top 9 Malaysia Food I miss the most. 

I think I might create Part 2 since after finish wrote this post,
I have so many idea of other Malaysia food that I miss too. 
Stay tune for my Part 2 about Malaysia Food.  


Another blog : http://mush4room.blogspot.com/

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer & Copyright

All the review and information provided on this sites are based on personal honest experience. All opinions given are my own. Pls note that what I think is good or bad for me might not be the same for others. I stay positive and avoid abusive language on my site.

All the photo and content used in my blog are property of myself. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email : jiaying-smc@hotmail.com for permission to use the content and photo. All rights reserved.